Edible Pumpkin Spice Play Doh

I found this recipe for gluten free edible play doh online and thought it was too easy to make to pass up. It's literally only three, yep THREE, ingredients!



Can of pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and corn starch. I believe the pumpkin spice is optional because it's really just for the smell.

Pour your can of pumpkin in a large bowl and gradually mix in corn starch until it starts to thicken up. I used about half of a container of corn starch for a 15 oz can of pumpkin. It shouldn't feel like silly putty, but a little thicker and drier. If you find that it started getting too dry an you added more corn starch than you would've liked, you could try adding a little splash of water. After everything is mixed you can add your desired amount of pumpkin spice. Like I said earlier it's mostly for smell. The whole apartment was pumpkin scented as if I lit a Bath and Body Works candle :)


This play doh is edible, BUT it tastes awful haha. As I expected, he stuck some in his mouth and made the most disgusted face. Kona ate some and had no complaints, as expected. The play doh is good in the fridge for 2-3 days afterwards.



Additionally, I bought some small plastic spider rings, a pack of googley eyes (I only gave him the biggest ones because the small ones seemed like major choking hazards), a pumpkin cookie cutter, and a mini rolling pin I found at Daiso for him to play with.

He played with this for a whole hour! I kid you not. I was honestly surprised he was even interested in it that long. Such a mama win. I was planning on having it ready for him on his little table as soon as he woke up from his nap but he skipped his nap. If you follow me on Instagram or snapchat, you've probably already seen that he fell asleep during dinner haha!

This will probably make you roll your eyes because everyone seems to be saying this but, autumn is my favorite season! Even more so since we've moved to Washington. The leaves are SO beautiful and everything just feels so colorful and warm (although the weather might not be as warm). There are so many activities I want to do this month and some are definitely a hit or miss but I learn more about my little dude with every new thing we try.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Cdozen. Design by Fearne.