Chia Pudding


Let's talk about chia! Currently a new obsession of mine and I put it in everything now. I'll sprinkle some on top of my acai bowls, blend some with my smoothies, and of course make chia pudding. I probably have it at least three times a week because of how easy it is to prepare before heading to bed. I'll wake up the next morning and it's all ready to go! My favorite pudding is tapioca so the first time I tried chia pudding I was hooked since it had the same consistency. Cayden enjoys it too so it's a quick and filling breakfast for the both of us. On top of all that, they come with so many benefits. They're full of antioxidants, keep you full and energized, and they have tons of protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. 



Ingredients:

  • Almond milk
  • 1/2 cup of Chia seeds
  • Cinnamon to taste
  • Honey to taste(not pictured because we ran out)


Prep Instructions:
I find using a mason jar is easiest because I like having a lid for it. I pour my desired amount of almond milk and then add about a 1/2 cup of chia seeds, then I mix it well. If you don't put enough chia seeds, the pudding ends up watery, so adjust how much you put in based on how much milk you have in your jar. After it's all mixed I'll add in however much cinnamon I like (usually a teaspoon is fine). Then I add my honey and mix mix mix. That's it! I'll put it in the fridge for about half an hour and let the chia seeds sit, then I'll mix it one more time to make sure the seeds are evenly distributed. Soo easy!

It's amazing even without toppings, but I decided to top it with some fruit and I blanked and could have added some coconut shreds too but it's okay. I usually just top it with strawberries and honey. Also, I've never used coconut milk to make it but I think that would be divine. Maybe I'll try Matcha as well sometime? If I do, I'll make sure to post about it on here.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Cdozen. Design by Fearne.